Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Epic Fail

So I was planning a really great entry for today. I was going to tell you all about my time in Colorado and it was going to be really great because I was going to illustrate it with some of the hundreds of photos I took while I was there. I was going to show you the office(s) where I spent 20 hours a day, the people who I met, the cookies that I ate. I had pictures of Joe Biden and Barack Obama and the beautiful Pueblo scenery. Amazing, once-in-a-lifetime memories. Pictures from election night, pictures of a place and people I'll probably never see again, pictures that for some reason I didn't copy onto my computer back in November.

Unfortunately, I have lost the memory card with those precious photos on it, probably forever, and I've been so distraught about that that I haven't had the time or the energy to write that post and have instead been spending my time unpacking and repacking my possessions, in the desperate hope that one of these times that little thumbnail of plastic containing some of my most precious memories will fall from the folds of one of my 10 t-shirts or 3 pairs of pants. I really don't have that many possessions and lately it's become much more difficult to delude myself into believing that if I just look in my suitcase one more time I will find something I've overlooked the last 5 or 6 times.

No, it's now become abundantly clear that my pictures are gone forever. And I. Am. Not. Happy.

No comments: