Monday, November 12, 2007

Thoughts and Prayers

Hello all - Everything is going well here, but it turns out that everyone isn't as lucky. Apparently (or I suppose half my readership already knows this... haha - I need to work on expanding my readership so these actually have a point) my grandfather was involved in an accident as he walked across the Wendy's parking lot a few days ago - he was ran over and then backed back over. For those of you who don't know, the best course of action when running over an old man in a parking lot is to throw the car into reverse and run over him again, just to make sure. In any case, mission accomplished - he has two broken legs one of which may require potentially risky surgery, not to mention other injuries. Although he is no stranger to being hit by automobiles, this incident sounds like the worst by far. And as he lays in an ICU in Miami, I hope that he knows that I'm thinking of, and praying for, him (as well as the rest of the family, of course).

Hope all is well with the rest of you - I am thinking of and missing you, too. Which reminds me - the holiday season is upon us and I plan to head out to El Rastro (the flea market) in search of gifts, so if you have any requests let me know. For those of you who are too good for flea markets, Spain also has excellent (and cheap!) wine, olives, olive oils... and probably also excellent items not intended for human comsumption, but I wouldn't know about those. I can try to find out.

No comments: