Thursday, March 19, 2009

A recap

Now that it's been two months (two whole months! I'm really slacking here) since the inauguration of the Obamessiah I suppose it's time to finally post something about that... memorable experience.

So here's a timeline of my journey with the President:
October 19 - Depart California for Colorado. Drive 15 hours straight. Give up and spend the night in beautiful Las Vegas, New Mexico.
October 20 - Arrive in Pueblo.
November 4 - Single-handedly win election.
November 5-12 - Loiter around in Colorado, feel lost and directionless.
November 13-14 - Return to California. Don't even attempt to make it in one day. If I had any money left, I might consider sightseeing a bit. But I don't. Spend the night in beautiful Utah. Become angry that you can't buy alcohol in Utah. Or corkscrews. Eventually arrive in California.
November 14-November 27 - Aimless existence back home, punctuated mostly by commiserating with people from Pueblo about how awesome our lives used to be and are no longer
November 28 - Stop pretending like I have a desire to do anything other than relive the glory days. Spend all my money on a plane ticket (as I tend to do). Depart for Washington, D.C., for reunion, Jim Martin style.
December 2 - Lose miserably to Saxby Chambliss. Witness an authentic concession speech, like only a southern democrat can deliver.
December 3-17 - Loiter around in D.C. and New York. Unemployed life sure is hard.
January 16 - After returning home for the holidays, I return to D.C. to see the fruits of my labor first hand. It is 8 degrees when I land. Discover that 8 degrees is really, really, really cold.

That brings us up to date! Stay tuned for the thrilling finale!

No comments: