Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Interesting Characters

Yay! I have internet again! Although I only have 5 minutes right now, so this will be short.

All is well here in Espana. Kate and I made it to a little town called Carrion de los Condes today and are now about 3 days outside of Leon, which is a pretty major city on the route. At this rate we should have plenty of time to get to the beach and back before we have to leave.

I thought I might take some time, I dont think I have yet, to describe the kind of people who are on the camino with me. Kate and I have found some of the more degenerate pilgrims to befriend, meaning those who resent that we have a 10 pm bedtime and refuse to get up until we absolutely have to. Most of the pilgrims are older, though, and most are also european. Americans are something of a novelty and people usually think Kate and I are Spanish. There is also a acupunture practicing couple who are pretty out there. Last night at dinner we had a table that represented 5 continents. It´s pretty crazy when you think about it.

No comments: